We Filipinos are noted for having a knack for exploring and trying out new things and also our passion to always look for the next big thing in food and dining destinations.
I attended last March 8 (Saturday) the very first AVIDA FOOD HUNT which aims to take participants in a food adventure and feature the various food places found near an Avida Land property. Our task is simple, to explore and sample all the specialty cuisines of 5 selected food places in San Antonio Village, West Makati where Avida Land’s newest high-rise residential project- AVIDA TOWERS ASTEN is located.
After the briefing, our host – well-known chef and food writer CHEF JJ YULO took us to the Avida Food Hunt shuttle and led us to our first stop.
TITANIA WINE BAR AND CAFE
AVIDA TOWERS ASTEN is located along the street of Yakal in San Antonio Village Makati, TITANIA is also located in the same area.
TITANIA is known as a Grand Cellar for the world’s finest wines imported from France, Italy, Spain, Chile, Argentina, California and Australia. Founded in 1982 as a family corporation and named after the Queen of the Fairies in Shakespear’s “A Mid-Summer Night’s Dream,” TITANIA is a brainchild of major shareholder and wine Diva Tita Sugay-Trillo who built the business as an exclusive importer of wines and spirits but later streamlined their operation by concentrating on wine trading.
TITANIA has 10 store locations nationwide: Shangri-La Plaza Mall (Mandaluyong), Powerplant Mall (Makati), Gateway Mall (Cubao), Silver City Automall (Pasig), South Super Market (Alabang), EDSA (Pasay City), Forest House (Baguio City), Acovil (Cebu City), D’Mall (Boracay) and Corporate Inn (Iligan City).
In last Saturday’s AVIDA FOOD HUNT, we visited TITANIA’s GRAND CELLAR in Yakal, Makati.
The temperature-controlled interiors and subtle vibe of TITANIA WINE BAR AND CAFE make it a great spot for small group gatherings. Imagine dining and drinking inside an actual cellar, surrounded by the finest wines of the world and being served with French bistro style-dishes that perfectly goes with your favorite wine.
We were greeted by MR. JOSE P. MENESES the President and CEO of TITANIA who also gave as a short orientation about wines and wine-tasting together with CHEF RENEE.
Here are just some of the cool wine-tasting knowledge that I’ve learned from Mr. Meneses:
- Wine is an alcoholic beverage made of fermented juice of any various kinds of grapes. It follows a simple formula of adding yeast to grape juice which converts the sugar in the grape juice into alcohol. From grape juice to wine.
Not all grapes are created equal. To produce grapes that are wine-worthy, a wine-maker takes into consideration three things: climate, soil and topography.
- There are three kinds of wines: Red, White and Sparkling
- As red wines age they fade, so the more purple the wine the younger it is. On the other hand white wines become deeper, grow darker and more golden with age.
- Wine-tasting involves three activities: color-checking, smelling and tasting.
- You can describe the smell of the wine as EARTHY, FRUITY or FLORAL
- Tasting however takes into consideration a lot of criteria: SWEETNESS, ACIDITY, TANNIN (bitterness), FLAVOR, ALCOHOL and the AS FINISH (or how long the taste stayed in your mouth)
- Wines are also classified according to its age: CRIANZA (younger wines), RESERVA (old wine), and GRAND RESERVA (older wines).
Here are the different wines that we ‘rolled’:
NATALIE SWEET CHARDONNAY (White Chardonnay)
CALITERRA SAUVIGNON BLANC RESERVA (White Sauvignon Blanc)
PICCINI CHIANTI RISERVA (Red Sangiovese)
HILLCREST GRAND RESERVE (Red Cabernet Sauvignon)
GREAT TRAIL SHIRAZ (Red Shiraz)
MADAMME THERESE (Sparkling Ugni Blanc)
TITANIA WINE BAR AND CAFE lists an impressive selection of whites and reds. The bottles that comprise their lengthy list includes Baron Philippe Rothschild Bordeaux, Grand Cru Classe, Dourthe , Castel, Beelgara Estate Autralia, Kendall Jackson California, Jackson Wine Estate California, Bliss Vineyard Mendocino California, Felix Solis Wines Spain, Aruspide Spain, Champagne France, Antonin Rodet, Joseph Drouhin Burgundy,and many others.
The price of each wine bottle ranges from PhP220 to PhP1 million
We were able to take home a bottle of a Premium Gran Tierra (Tempranillo-Garnacha) courtesy of Avida Land and Titania. Special thanks also to Jayce Perlas and the rest of the Perlas PR team! Congrats guys, CHEERS! 🙂
Unit 8 Southway Condominium 7435 Yakal St.
San Antonio Village,
Makati City, Philippines
+632 894 1371
+632 894 1372
+632 894 1373
+632 894 1374
If you want to participate in the next AVIDA FOOD HUNT go to the Avida Land Facebook Page AVIDALANDPH or visit the Avida Showroom Glorietta Makati.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Acer Unveils Latest Line of Consumer Laptops with 11th Gen Intel Core + Iris Xe Graphics - October 27, 2020
- Little Mix New Single “Sweet Melody” Debuts on Top of the iTunes Philippines Song Chart - October 27, 2020
- Better Normal Wellness Solutions at the Sante Fitness Lab (SFL) Fitness & Sports Performance Training Center - October 27, 2020