I was down with flu for more than a week and have not been able to go out because of that. I have not fully recovered yet, but I decided to go out yesterday to attend an event in BGC and the trip was all worth it.
On my way to BGC, I saw several amazing art installations all over the Makati area. In Tower One and the Exchange Plaza Fountain Area, I saw this wonderful floating bomb sculptures painted in silver and covered with mirrors just like a mirror ball. I saw spotlights strategically placed to shine on the objects which I assume would make a spectacular light show when it’s dark. Unfortunately, the sun is still way up when I was there.
And then I saw this huge Jar of Fireflies inside Glorietta 3.
Apparently, the exhibits were part of Art Fair Philippines 2014 an Urban Art exhibit that showcases the best of Philippine modern and contemporary art that aims to provide a multi-sensory experience to all that will see it.
There are Six different installations created by 7 wonderful artists that are situated in different locations in Ayala Center.
- Alfredo and Isabel Aquilizan – Tower One & Exchange Plaza lobby
- Kawayan De Guia – Tower One & Exchange Plaza fountain area
- Olivia d’Aboville – Greenbelt-Landmark Walkway
- Valeria Cavestany – Glorietta 5 Atrium
- Mark Justiniani- Glorietta 3
- Dexter Fernandez – Greenbelt Fashion Walk
If you have time, go and visit the installations – they’re wonderful.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- It’s a Girl! Singer Maricris Garcia Reveals That She’s Going to Have a Baby La Diva - October 1, 2020
- 18B Views and Counting! Learning is Trending with #TikTokU - October 1, 2020
- Frontline Pilipinas | TV5’s New Primetime News Program Features Raffy Tulfo, Cheryl Cosim and Luchi Cruz-Valdes - September 30, 2020