Viva Pit Senyor Sto. Nino!
Today (January 19) is the Feast of the Sto. Nino or the child Jesus. It is one of the Philippine’s most celebrated traditions (religious and cultural) that transcends all boundaries, races and stature. In fact, aside from the image of the Virgin Mary, the Sto. Nino is probably the most common religious image that can be found in almost all Catholic homes and even in places of business like the market stalls and other establishments.
If you happen to be in Metro Manila during the Feast of the Sto. Nino, you might want to check out the following Catholic churches and experience the variety of traditional local activities done to celebrate this annual event:
- Sto. Nino de Pandacan (Pandacan Manila)
- Sto. Nino de Tondo (Tondo, Manila)
- Sto. Nino Parish (De Leon St., Paranaque)
- Sto. Nino Shrine (Bago Bantay, Quezon City)
- Sto. Nino de Paz Chapel (Greenbelt Church, Makati)
- Sto. Nino Parish (Signal Village, Taguig)
The activities varies from simple processions to street dancing. Bring your cameras. Viva Pit Senyor!
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- RealMe 3 Launched in PH at 6,990 Pesos SRP – FULL SPECS and FEATURES - March 21, 2019
- A Summer Music Shindig at Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa Batangas - March 19, 2019
- Amaia Launches First Town House Project in Imus, Cavite – VERMOSA - March 19, 2019