You say POP ROCKS – I’ll say candies, wonka, sweets and toothaches.
That was then before I came face to face with this cool orange sachet that says VITAPOPS a few days ago. The name suggests cola or sounded softdrinky in nature which is another unhealthy treat for kids. However, this VITAPOPS suprisingly is.. a Vitamin C Supplement for kids that comes in a new and wonderful form.
I have an 8 year old daughter and a 13 year old son. I could say that we’ve already been through the hard part of vitamin drinking sessions and trained them in drinking almost all forms of supplements (from syrup to chewables) to keep them healthy always. Their health of course are our primary concern.
So when I showed them this sachet that says: Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbate) Food Supplement Granules, they immediately recognized the packaging and know in an instant that it was similar to Pop Rocks Candies that fizzles inside the mouth making it more fun to consume. They then ask me if they could try one. Vitamin supplement packaging success hehehe 🙂
Here are some of the things you need to know about VITAPOPS:
- The package says that it’s great for kids ages 7 – 12. But they can be taken safely by kids as young as 4 years old.
- It contains Vitamin C as sodium Ascorbate so it’s generally safe to consume even on an empty stomach – plus Vitamin C is a water soluble Vitamin so there’s no danger of over dosage but the recommended intake is 1-2 sachets per day or as instructed by a physician.
- One VitaPops sachet contains 50 mg of Vitamin C equivalent to 5 glasses of milk / 28 pieces of calamansi / 1 ½ glasses of freshly squeezed orange but it contains only 1/5 the amount of sugar found in regular Vitamin C which reduces the risk of tooth decay.
My eight year-old daughter gave VITAPOPS the thumbs-up! So does my 13-year old son but even if he wants it I think he’ll have to settle for vitamin supplements that will suit his age and leave the VITAPOPS to my third grader.
So, packaging, taste and contents – THUMBS UP! Kid-Approved! Hope they could also make one that contains other vitamin supplements. A multi-vitamin version of VITAPOPS. 🙂 Or a VITAPOPS designed for adult male, 20 years old and older, living in Manila and blogging right now. 🙂
VITAPOPS is made by one of the country’s leading pharmaceutical organization – UNILAB. It is now available in all leading drugstores nationwide for only 10 pesos per sachet.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- CoViD19-Free Bills Payment Using The GCash App - March 31, 2020
- Fitness Videos To Watch To Get You Back Into Shape at Home - March 30, 2020
- How to Attract Talents with Home-Based Jobs - March 30, 2020