SushiYa is located at the lower ground floor of Bldg. B beside Shakeys Restaurant inside one of the biggest mall in the Philippines – SM MEGAMALL. I have to be honest, because I’m not that really adventurous when it comes to food (especially Japanese raw fish dishes). When blogger friend Alwin invited me to join him to have lunch at SushiYa -a Japanese restaurant, I was really hoping that there’ll be something there that I could order other than Sushis.
I ordered a TEISHOKU SET with 3 pcs. Ebi Tempura while Alwin ordered a BENTO SET for 2.
They also have an existing promo for their SALMON MAKI SURPRISE which you get Free for every 900 pesos single receipt card purchase. However, for the MEGA FOOD SALE which ends this Sunday, August 19. You get it at a Buy One-Take One Special Promo! Now, that’s a lot of savings!
This was my first MAKI and frankly, I was imagining the taste all wrong because MAKI really tasted great especially when dipped in SushiYa’s special sauce and a hint of Wasabi. So, all those years of avoiding these Japanese treat was really unnecessary after all. Oh well, live and learn.
I also got to taste SushiYa’s special fried rice called Sushi-Ya Chahan with my delicious Ebi Tempura. Yummy!
We were later joined on the table by another blogger friend, Ria. She’s a self-confessed die-hard Sushi fan. But we all have one thing in common, yesterday was the first time that we all got to try the dishes of SushiYa.
After the wonderful meal, we asked SushiYa’s Area Manager Ms. Jilyn to join us on the table to find out more about SushiYa.
- SushiYa Megamall is already more than 6 years old
- SushiYa started in 1996 with their first branch at Tomas Morato
- SushiYa has 5 branches (Tomas Morato, Libis, Robinsons Galeria, Robinsons Ermita and SM Megamall)
- SushiYa’s Best Seller is their Bento Box Set meals because it’s cheaper
- SushiYa has more affordable meals, with rice toppings for only 150 pesos plus with free service tea (complimentary tea).
- SushiYa added to their menu SushiYa salads and their Special Rolls
- SushiYa’s new offering is their Salmon Maki Surprise
- SushiYa also offers platter for only 600pesos with a total of 45 pcs. assorted sashimis
- SushiYa is a family owned business with sister company restaurant – Kalye Juan
Check out SushiYa’s Menu:
RainCHECK recommends this restaurant for all Japanese Food lovers and to those who wanted a taste of authentic Japanese dishes. You have until today, August 19 (Sunday) to experience SushiYa’s Buy One Take One Salmon Maki Surprise Promo. Visit the SM MEGA FOOD SALE at the Sm Megamall for the ultimate FOOD TRIP this weekend.