It took him six months to finish the album which includes collaborations with some of the biggest names in the industry – Chito Miranda, Bamboo, Ebe Dancel, Jay Durias, Billy Crawford, Maychelle Baay of Moonstar 88, among others.
MKNM (Mga Kwento ng Makata) Tracklist:
1. Balak ni Syke
2. Apatnapungbara feat. Ian Tayao
3. Silup feat. Denise Barbacena
4. Alalay ng hari feat. Allan Mitchell Silonga
5. Sirena feat. Ebe Dancel
6. Hindi mo nadinig feat. Jay Durias
7. Sino (interlude)
8. Salarin feat. Bamboo Manalac
9. Inday feat. Cathy Go
10. Bakit hindi feat. Billy Crawford
11. Malakas (interlude)
12. Pison feat. Chito Miranda
13. Thankful feat. Maychelle Baay of Moonstar88 & Bambu
14. Hari ng tondo feat. Denise Barbacena
15. Kung tama Siya feat. Jaq Dionisio of Kissjane
Why MGA KWENTO NG MAKATA?
“I have always been fond of stories of other people,” adds the rapper. “This album contains various stories from people from all walks of life.”
Gloc-9 shares his fondness for the single Sirena, which talks about the story of a responsible gay man featuring Ebe Dancel.
“I think this is the first time that a song about a gay man is presented in a first person’s point of view,” explains Gloc-9. “I worked very hard on this song for it not to offend anyone.”
Boy Abunda also appears in the music video of Sirena.
DOWNLOAD “SIRENA” HERE:http://mymusicstore.com.ph/music/gloc-9/453669/Sirena.html
MKNM: Mga Kwento Ng Makata marks a new chapter in Gloc-9′s career as this is his first release under Universal Records, where he joins its elite roster of artists like Gary Valenciano, Jose Mari Chan, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Parokya Ni Edgar, Christian Bautista, Kamikazee, Sam Concepcion, among others.
“I am very thankful that Universal welcomed me into their stable,” concludes Gloc-9. “I am looking forward to doing more projects with my new label.”