This Christmas, Caritas Manila the social services arm of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila, with Morning Star Productions presents their first ever film and internet advocacy project “Merry Christmas, Nay.”
Merry Christmas, Nay is a 32-minute Christmas Advocacy Film that stars Ms. International 2004 PRECIOUS LARA QUIGAMAN, Film, TV and Theater Veteran TOMMY ABUEL and 2010 Yamaha Grand Prix for Voice Winner JASON ARIEL on his film debut.
Produced, Written and Directed by KAYE JIMENEZ for the benefit of Caritas Manila’s Scholarship Program for the Urban Poor Youth through its Youth Servant Leadership Education Program (YSLEP).
The film was formally launched December 12 (Monday) 4PM at the San Carlos Seminary Auditorium and is now available for viewing all over the globe through www.caritasmanila.org.ph
The program included a mass officiated by Bishop Deogracias Yniguez and Caritas Manila Executive Director Fr. Anton Pascual as concelebrant. Before the premiere, some of the talented beneficiaries of Caritas YSLEP performed on stage an interpretative dance number while young actor and singer JASON ARIEL serenaded the crowd with two songs.
According to Fr. Anton Pascual, the YSLEP program now has about 3,000 beneficiaries in Mega Manila and they plan to help and maintain around 10,000 beneficiaries in the following years with the help of projects like this advocacy internet film that promotes the programs of Caritas Manila.
Ms. Kaye Jimenez, Writer and Director of “Merry Christmas, Nay” answered a few questions of the bloggers who were present that afternoon:
Where was the film shot?
- It was shot entirely in Paranaque City, particularly in the Parish of Mary The Queen and its vicinity.
How long was the shooting?
- about 6 days
Was Precious Lara Quigaman your personal choice?
- Yes she was. She’s also the personal choice of co-producer Fr. Anton Pascual. She was perfect for the role, her face and smile fits perfectly to the character ‘Miriam’ in the film
People who have helped her in making the film?
- Thankful for the guidance from Directors Joyce Bernal and Raymond Red and also the actors. The Parish where the film was shot, FLUID POST and all the other sponsors.
After the film showing, guests were treated to an all Filipino Christmas snack of Bibingka, Puto Bumbong and Hot Tsokolate. Almost felt like we’ve attended a Misa de Gallo or something like that.
Here are the photos I’ve taken from the premiere:
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Real Life Lessons From Repertory Philippines’ Pinocchio - August 28, 2014
- Elise Estrada is Back For #ROUND3 (Album Review) - August 28, 2014
- Spotlight on Fil-Canadian Pop Singer Elise Estrada - August 28, 2014