Archive for: August 2011
I have always wanted to document the different characteristics and personalities of people who were born in September. Of course, I have read some generic zodiac descriptions which describes people who were born in September. However, never a detailed first-hand and local testimony. And September-born people is divided into two zodiac signs which is LIBRA and the Dominant VIRGO. I am a Virgo of course. And there are those who were born on the year of the Ox, the Rabbit, etc. – this are all too complicated. I wanted a more simple but a more accurate description of the September-born person.
So this experimental survey will be about people who were born in September, regardless of year and zodiac signs.
In brief, please do participate by commenting on this post and describe what kind of a September-born person are you. Your personalities, negative and positive traits – anything and everything that makes you a unique individual.
This survey will run from the moment this post is published until September 25 – which will give me at least a week to blog about the result and summary of this survey, and maybe give a big picture of what a September-born person feels like.
This is not a contest but a survey. But I am compelled to give the most beautiful comment in this post a reward for his or her effort. One participant will receive an item from Forever Living Products Philippines – I don’t know what item yet. I’ll announce the item by mid- September or earlier, as soon as I’ve decided on what the item will be. Please include your email address on your comment so i’ll be able to contact you if you’ve been selected.
Anyway, I’d like to thank everyone who will participate in this mini-survey in advance and if you like this blog please don’t forget to follow or subscribe and like the raincheck FB page as well.
Happy Birthday to Everyone!
I’ve decided to give all those who shared their thoughts on this post some simple tokens for their generosity please go to this link THANKS to find out what the items are and how to get it. Thanks again guys!
Robert Kiyosaki has challenged and changed the way tens of millions of people around the world think about money. With perspectives that often contradict conventional wisdom. Robert is regarded worldwide as a passionate advocate for financial education.
We just got a copy of another book from this great best selling author – ‘Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant: Guide to Financial Freedom.’
Have you ever asked yourself this questions:
- Why do some investors make money with little risk while most other investors just break even?
- Why do most employees go from job to job while others quit their jobs and go on to build business empires?
- Move beyond job security and begin to find your own world of financial freedom.
- Make significant changes in your life.
- Take control of your financial future.
- In EMPLOYMENT, you exchange time for money, you have a boss and you have only two hands to work with.
- In SELF-EMPLOYMENT, you still exchange time for money and you still have only two hands to work with but you control your time and you are your own boss.
- In OWNING A BUSINESS, you multiply your time through other people through business systems or organization, thereby the more people you have the more opportunity of you earning more. Leveraging is the secret of most successful companies.
- In INVESTING, you leverage passive income to create more wealth. And this is where you become financially free.
My rich dad used to say, “You can never have true freedom without financial freedom.” He would go on to say, “Freedom may be free, but it has a price.” – R. Kiyosaki
My favorite time of the day – DUSK or ‘Takip-Silim.’
There’s something magical about the blending of light and darkness when the sun sets. When the heat of the afternoon is being lowered by the cool breeze of the evening. The pink reddish skies and the first star over the gray clouds.
Other people prefer the dawn which I seldom see. It’s also inspiring to look at, for like dusk they are both twilight.
But, for me, nothing compares to dusk.
It somehow embodies a certain hint of romance and mystery. An unspeakable eeriness that haunts even the most inartistic heart. For sentimental folks like me, dusk can induce a spell that takes you from special places, feelings and memories stored in the recesses of the mind.
A rejuvenating experience perfect to end a very tiring and busy day.
A cool late October (hallows eve would be better) dusk, on top of a roof looking at a semi-cloudy sky with my guitar together with a couple of friends talking about anything and nothing.
photo credit: http://verybadgirl.deviantart.com/
Have you sat down and stop for a while and look at your life lately? When was the last time you’ve asked yourself ‘How are you doing?’ Do you sometimes feel that your going in circles or aren’t moving at all? If you feel lost right now or overwhelmed by whatever is happening to you right now, maybe it’s time we take a short break from all the heavy traffic and our very busy lives. It’s time for us to sharpen our saws once again. To re-introduce ourselves with our selves and ask those important questions once again to find out if we are still on the right path or are we moving away from it.
Here are a few questions that might help us re-align our priorities in life. Let’s start:
1. HOW IS OUR LIFESTYLE?
2. HOW’S OUR HEALTH?
3. HOW’S OUR WORK?
4. HOW’S OUR BUSINESS?
5. HOW’S OUR MONTHLY SAVINGS?
6. HOW’S OUR FAMILY?
7. HOW’S OUR DREAMS?
8. ARE WE…
Hope that this small exercise helped us to get to know more of our present situation and inspire us to move towards a worthwhile direction.
Do you believe that God wanted us to suffer? – because suffering leads to a more divine life?
Do you believe that God wanted us to have just a very simple and mediocre life?
If you believe this, well, God doesn’t agree with you.
God never wanted us to be poor!
We were created in His image and our God is a rich God. If our God is a rich God then why live in poverty? Why embrace it?
Because most people see God as a great provider. Which He is. But, never to people without any form of conviction and personal action.
Like the saying goes: “Na sa DIYOS ang awa, na sa tao ang gawa.”
People always forget the “GAWA” part. Believing should lead you to act on that belief. If you believe that God will help change your situation in life then go out and take action because God works through others and through you. And not by staying at home, watching ‘tele-seryes’, lying down and waiting for the miracle to happen because it will never happen.
Moses, Abraham, Joseph, and many other biblical figures all received God’s wonderful blessings because they believed and acted on that belief.
Remember, Faith is nothing without action.
Another thing that prevents us to want greatness and a financially rewarding life is the thought that Money and Material Things are evil or the root of all evil!
To put this thing into the right perspective, let me site some powerful examples: King Solomon – Is he rich and powerful? Joseph who became the Pharaoh’s second in command in Egypt at that time – Is he rich and powerful? Were they evil?
Money, material things and technological advances are not evil on their own. These are just tools and innovations that enriches our lives. It is the abuse and too much love for these things that makes it evil. It is us, who make these things evil.
When we sacrifice relationships because of money and power. When our judgment of right and wrong is governed by these things rather than sound principles. These are the root of all evil.
God never wanted us to suffer.
Indeed, we have our challenges and some have greater challenges than others. But remember, that our challenges are normal and universal because we all experience it and because we are not alone in these world and that our actions affects everyone else.
There are things that happen in our lives that are out of our control but still there are things that we can control. But to both, we were given the power to control how we see and how we will act on those experiences. We may see it as a life changing experience to be a better person or choose to let it destroy us. Suffering therefore is our choice.
God never wanted us to live in mediocrity
The parable of the talents told by Jesus tells us of a master who was leaving his home to travel, and before going entrusted his property to his servants (property worth 8 talents, where a talent was a large unit of money). One servant receives five talents, the second two talents, and the third one talent, according to their respective abilities.
Returning after a long absence, the master asks his servants for an accounting. The first two servants explain that they have each put their money to work and doubled the value of the property they were entrusted with, and so they are each rewarded. The third servant, however, has merely hidden his talent in a hole in the ground, and is punished for being lazy.
If God wanted us to be poor, to suffer and live mediocre lives. He should have never sent Jesus to be with us and to mentor and teach us. Can you imagine how God values our lives? To Him we are precious jewels – why become anything less?
God works his hands to all people, to the rich and most specially to the poor, but He never wanted his people to be poor. He wanted all of us to be rich and to prosper. If we are rich and prosperous – then the more chances for good and faithful people to help others be rich and prosperous as well.
“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” – Luke 6:38
Why I didn’t do Forever Living Products?
Forever Living products or FLP is a 33 year old International Multi-Level Marketing Company operating in 149 countries all over the world distributing all natural health and wellness products.
There were a couple of reasons that became my road blocks to every invitation to do Forever Living Products here in the Philippines. I was invited to join in March of 2000 by an office mate and introduced me to the wonderful world of multi-level marketing or in layman’s term ‘networking.’ I signed-up and used the products, because the products are really good, but, I did not do the business. Well, at first, I tried. But I felt that it was just not working for me.
Here are my top three (3) reasons why I didn’t do FLP and I know that most of you can really relate to this:
1. I already have a job and I just don’t have the time.
2. The prices of the products are just so high and very hard to sell.
3. The business is just so hard to do and it was all too good to be true.
However, three Months ago, I have experienced a severe gum infection which prompted me to self-medicate. Why? Because, I really don’t want to visit a dentist and I hate tooth extractions.
So, without any medical advice, I began taking AMOXICILLIN 500 for 3 times a day for 7 days. But, it didn’t work.
Seeing the seriousness of my situation, I researched several antibiotics over the internet that might work on severe dental abscess. I then contacted via SMS a dentist friend from Alabang and asked if CO-AMOXICLAV was a good antibiotic for dental abscess and he said OK. So I took CO-AMOXICLAV for 7 days and it worked. The swelling was gone after 7 days, however, it came back after a day.
So I asked again my dentist friend If I can take another dose of the antibiotic for 7 days and he said yes and advised me to take it properly with no skips. So I did what I was told and after 7 days, the swelling stopped. Only to come back again the next day.
I have taken grand dosages of antibiotic for the last 21 days. I was not a fool to take any more synthetic drugs because I know that it will destroy my liver and my kidney.
Sad to say, I am down to my last and feared option: To set a dental appointment. I dreaded the decision and cursed synthetic drugs for letting me down.
Then, I remembered that there was a product in Forever Living called the “Bee Propolis” which is an all natural powerful antibiotic. It was safe and effective to take even at higher dosages because it is natural. So I asked Tam if FLP is still active. She has no idea so I decided to go to its Greenhills Head Office in Ortigas. This is where all the trainings are done. But the office was no longer there.
I was so determined to get that bee propolis so I asked the guard if he has an idea whether FLP still holds their office here in the Philippines.
The guard then told me that they moved to another location. In front of the Greenhills Shopping Center. Only a block away from where I stand. I was so relieved. So to cut the story short, I bought a bottle of bee propolis, a tube of forever bright toothgel and aloe heat lotion for Tam. After 10 days of taking bee propolis, my tooth abscess was gone and never returned. My dental abscess never came back but somehow that experienced led me to a higher appreciation of Forever Living Products and so I came back and sat down in one of their seminars and began to see things in a different light.
One of the main thing that I’ve noticed about FLP is that they have professionalized the company. They don’t just invite people in and hype things up like before. They’ve matured. But that is not the reason why I came back. I came back because after 10 years of avoiding FLP, I have realized that what I used to believe about the business was all wrong. And for the first time questions have been answered.
1. I already have a job and I just don’t have the time. : I still have a job and for 10 years, I was in and out of different jobs and income opportunities just to make ends meet and I still don’t have the time. What changed after 10 years? NOTHING! This made me realized that if I continue the same path I’m in right now and do the same things I am doing right now, I will still end up 10 years from now with… NOTHING! Because, I did not make any changes.
- MY TIME IS DICTATED BY MY BOSS AND MY WORK. NO FREEDOM!
- MY SALARY IS FIXED. SO, EVEN IF I WORK HARDER THAN USUAL I STILL GET THE SAME AMOUNT EVERY MONTH AND GETTING THAT PROMOTION AND SALARY INCREASE WOULD TAKE YEARS AND YEARS OF WISHFUL THINKING AND KISSING BUTTS.
- MOST LIKELY, AFTER 15 – 20 YEARS OF WORKING FOR A BOSS WHO GETS TO BE RICH BECAUSE HE OWNS THE COMPANY I WORK AT, I WILL GET A COMPANY CERTIFICATE AND A RETIREMENT BENEFIT THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO PAY MOST OF THE DEBTS I HAVE INCURRED DURING MY STAY AT HIS COMPANY. CONGRATULATIONS TO ME BECAUSE I WILL HAVE THE PEACE OF MIND OF LEAVING MY KIDS WITH JUST A THIRD OF MY DEBTS TO PAY AS AN INHERITANCE.
I came back because for the first time, I stopped thinking about my own security and other selfish reasons. I came back because I saw my children’s future – and I will never entrust the future of my kids to someone else and feared the thought of leaving them with nothing. I saw that it was not yet too late, and that I can still do this if I just put my heart in it. You know what happened, miraculously, after deciding that I will do Forever Living whatever it takes, I now have TIME.
2. The prices of the products are just too high and very hard to sell. That was my line of thinking before. But you see I was so focused then on the price of each product that I failed to notice the important details:
- THE BENEFITS. When you’re so focused on the price list you never see the benefits. I have asked myself and other people ‘what is more important than health’ and people would answer ‘nothing is more important than health’. If that is the case, then why are we still sacrificing quality just to get products that are not only ineffective but dangerous too, just to appease ourselves that we have bought something cheap. This is so loco. And I too am guilty of doing that because we always base our desires with our current spending capacity. Imagine falling in love with the woman of your dreams who resides in Cebu but settling to court the woman just near your place just because your current budget won’t get you to Cebu? Wouldn’t you fight for the woman of your dreams? Don’t settle for anything less than what you think is the best.
- THE REAL SCORE. Before buying a product, don’t just look at its price. Read the labels and check all the ingredients. What I did after deciding to do FLP again was check all the products and its ingredients and made a research about each product on the internet. After doing that, I looked at the price again and the price was really not a factor after all. For example, if you’re going to take FOREVER FIELDS OF GREEN 3 x day which gives you the health benefits of eating a healthy bunch of fruits and vegetables 5 x a day minus the preparation, marketing and storage. Compare the cost of 5 servings of healthy and organic fruits and vegetables and you’ll find out that you’re getting a much better deal.
3. The business is just so hard to do and it was all too good to be true. One of the main reason I quit doing FLP 10 years ago was the thought that I will be able to make a large amount of money in distribution is just too good to be true. It was so hard to believe that ordinary people have a chance to become millionaires through distribution, plus the fact that friends tried to discourage me by saying that I will only make those who was there before me richer and ran out of people to distribute products and invite to do the business with, because it will all be saturated.
Let me tell you some of the things that I just discovered:
FLP is a legitimate company that uses MLM or Multi-Level Marketing as way to distribute their products. They’re vertically integrated meaning, they manufacture and distribute their own products. They don’t get it from other suppliers. They operate in 149 countries and they have been operating here in the Philippines since 1991. Debt-Free and Lawsuit-Free plus a Hall of Fame Awardee of the Consumers Union of the Philippines. They have thousands of proven testimonies of distributors who have earned and are still earning 6 – 7 digits of monthly income and getting all the incentives and their dreams.
I mentioned this because, if you are going to entrust your career, invest your time and effort to something, wouldn’t you want to entrust it to something that has a tougher backbone. Something with some proven technology and something that offers you an equal opportunity to get what you want if you’re just willing to work for it?
Now ask yourself, where are you investing your time and all your efforts? Who are you entrusting your career right now? What is your career path there? In 40 years of back breaking 8-10 hours of work every day without freedom of time and having to cope with bosses, what will you be? What will you have?
10 years I have ignored FLP and I ended up with still the same condition that I was in as before. Still struggling. And now, here’s a chance to change my fate and I will take that chance, work hard as I have always been and write a different and more successful story 10 years from now.
In FLP, you write your own income, commensurate to your effort. It’s not fixed, and it is unlimited. The harder you work the more you get. It’s a fair business. What’s even great is that because it incorporates team marketing, you will never be alone. And you’ll find out that after investing in people and building your team during the first year, work becomes easier but the income will be bigger.
Who cares if other people gets even richer because I am doing FLP right now, I just realized that all employees are doing the same thing. Making their bosses richer. The sad thing about being an employee is that when your bosses gets richer you don’t. In FLP, other people are richer because you’re becoming rich as well, and those people at the top will owe you. They will take care of you and appreciate you every step of the way unlike bosses in traditional companies who will work you to death and poverty.
In FLP, when you help other people get what they want, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT. This is the company philosophy that makes Forever Living Products truly the GREATEST OPPORTUNITY IN THE WORLD.
Opportunity never knocks twice, after slamming my door to it – I am now ready to go looking for it. I am ready.
I have just encountered two of the most eye-opening statements about blogging. These statements were made by two of the most influential and most prominent contributors in the blogging community today. The statements however are not connected but it gave me a complete picture of what I really want my blog site to be.
My wandering inside cyberspace this afternoon led me to issues like the heated discussion about an official representation of the blogging community and a proposal for the issuance of DTI permit to all blogging contests and activities.
As I was reading the comments and opinions about this issue inside a thread of the Pinoy Bloggers FB Group Page, I came across the comment of Mhel Ignacio of BLANKPIXELS.COM and have noticed this message in BOLD characters:
“BLOGGING SHOULD BE FUN..”
After that, I checked my tweeter page and came across another statement, this time coming from Mel Lavadia of METER THE STARS :
“Matagal ko na gusto sabihin to, pero baka kainin ako ng buhay ng ibang bloggers: Kawawa itsura ng mga blogs niyo. Mukhang classified ads.”
That was a reality check for me and for this site as well. I have been writing stuffs here which I enjoyed dearly for years now. I have never regretted any posts, and have even preserved all the minor errors: alignment, grammatical or typographical.
This site will always be personal and general – I may have joined some contests and have even posted some PRs on my site but not because I have to or because I was following a certain blogging norm, but because I wanted to and because it has sparked my personal interest at the moment. The central theme of this blog will always be about defining ‘who i am’ and if you can spend time going through all my previous posts you will learn more about the real me.
So I guess, I am still on the right track. Experimenting on some new stuffs and getting to know a lot of interesting things and people in this chosen field. It is in fact really groovy (if I may use an expression from a period that promotes freedom of expression and personal liberation).
Once again, just to remind myself: Blogging is an art of expression. It should be fun and personal (true to self). It must never be, at any circumstances, be dictated upon by any group or individual or any form of remuneration.