Loud but lacks substance.
There was an over emphasis on the character of Thor which leaves no room for making the other characters interesting. They should have put more effort in building the character and powers of Loki as the God of mischief (being his only true nemesis in this film because the frost giants were just there as part of the re-telling of the origin of Loki and Asgard).
The four mighty warriors of Asgard: Volstag, Sif, Hogun and Fandral should have been given emphasis as well to add some flavor and action to the plot.
The characters from Asgard are supposedly from a more superior beings, but from the way they were portrayed in the movie – they just looked like ordinary warriors that even Tony Stark (Iron Man) can dispose off easily.
I was a bit disappointed and it was a little boring. The plot was too ordinary and at times cheesy (but the girls will of course love Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman).
I hope the Captain America movie will be a better prequel to the Avengers.
One positive thing about this film are the great costumes and the touch of humor. Anthony Hopkins and Tom Hiddleston’s acting was exceptional. The cameo role of Jeremy Renner (as the avengers’ Hawkeye) was interesting.
1. What is the name of Thor’s hammer? – Mjolnir
2. Sif is the wife of Thor.
3. Bifrost is the rainbow bridge that connects Asgard to other worlds or realms.
4. Heimdall (portrayed by Idris Elba in the movie) is the God and Guardian of the Bifrost. Heimdall and Loki according to Norse Mythology will eventually kill one another in the event of Ragnarok.
5. In Norse Mythology Ragnarök means the final destiny of Gods. A series of future events, including a great battle to ultimately result in the death of Odin, Thor, Tyr, Freyr, Heimdall and Loki and the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- CoViD19-Free Bills Payment Using The GCash App - March 31, 2020
- Fitness Videos To Watch To Get You Back Into Shape at Home - March 30, 2020
- How to Attract Talents with Home-Based Jobs - March 30, 2020